Monday, November 30, 2009

Chester Arthur Wright : World War I Draft Registration


Thanks to the folks at Ancestry.com, I now have a copy of the World War I Draft registration cards for my maternal great-granduncle, Chester Arthur WRIGHT.  Known by his nickname of "Mike", he was the brother of my great-grandfather, Virgil Lee WRIGHT.

Mike was born October 18, 1896 in Orestes, Madison County, Indiana.  He was a farmer in Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana.  He was married twice.  His first marriage was March 5, 1920 in Madison County, Indiana to Erma Violet HAYES, daughter of John and Cora (REASON) HAYES.  They had one daughter, Vivian June WRIGHT.  Their marriage ended in divorce.  Mike remarried in 1939 in Alexandria, Madison County, Indiana to Mayme LAWSON.  Mike died June 20, 1955 in Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio.

At the time of World War I, Mike was living with his father, John William WRIGHT.  In the 1920 census, he was still living at home, listed as a 23 year old single farmer.

No comments: